2020 has been a difficult year for many businesses. Many were caught off guard by the sudden need of an agile workforce able to work remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Employees desperately needed access to vital company information from outside the office and were often unable to get it. Remote access solutions were needed and quickly implemented to allow employees remote access to vital information. As Australia slowly returns to the norm, lots of businesses and employees are looking to continue and build upon the benefits of an agile workforce can bring.
In the past, technology has often restricted employees’ ability to access information and work remotely. Technology has now advanced well past these issues and now focuses on the best way to help improve the way an employee can work out of the office, and their employer can future proof their workforce.
Remote Work Concerns:
When an employee works remotely, there are 3 main concerns to the employer. Control, Security and Reliability. Let’s look at each briefly:
A worker working outside of the office can be using their own personal device. This restricts the amount of control the employer has over what the employee can do on that device. This directly relates to security concerns
There is no guarantee that the users device has the latest security and antivirus updates, or has any protections at all. This can leave your business at risk.
Working remotely, the employee is relying on their own internet connection and sometimes their own device, meaning the employer is at the whim of their reliability.
Let us look at the Facts
Here are some facts about working remotely that may surprise you. Let us look at the Problem facts:
- 74% of employees are unable to sign a corporate document on a mobile device when needed
- Only 45% of users can edit documents on a mobile device
- 62% of users find it challenging and time-consuming when searching for documents using a mobile
- 61% of users say they use their own personal file-sharing apps/devices to access and share company information
- 80% of employees say they need to access corporate documents on their mobile devices
- 43% of employees say they are unable to access documents on their mobile device
- Over 50% of companies discourage or prohibit the use of personal devices
These number are alarming and paint a picture of an agile workplace disaster. However, when remote working is done right, not only will it eliminate all the problems above, it can be extremely beneficial to your business. Check out these facts from when it’s done right:
- 16% Higher productivity
- 18% Higher creativity
- 23% higher user satisfaction
- 21% higher employee loyalty
- Nearly 60% of users fully embrace content access on mobile devices.
How to access your information anywhere, anytime on any device?
So how can you effectively set up a system to allow your employees access company documents remotely to take advantage of its benefits, whilst simultaneously ensuring you eliminate all the downsides?
The solution is M-Files
M-Files offers one, unified user experience regardless of the device or platform it is used on.
Travelling with no internet access? With efficient local caching, files open fast even with slow and unreliable network connections. You can also access content offline and edit it even without wireless access, e.g. during a flight. Once you connect back to the network, M-Files updates the master copy in the vault. With just one current version of any document, you don’t need to worry about version control.
With native mobile apps, M-Files is accessible on any mobile device. A web client is also available, truly allowing users access on any device, at any time, anywhere in the world.
Working on site? Take a photo of a document or receipt with your smartphone no matter where you are and save it directly to M-Files using the M-Files mobile app, saving you the trouble of coming back to the office and moving them manually from mobile to M-Files.
All the benefits of M-Files, right in the palm of your hand – M-Files is swimming with easy to use features that help make your workload easier. Weblike enterprise searching allow for users to find their information easily, and M-Files artificial Intelligence can even allow users to search and access documents found in an external repository on a server outside of M-Files. Advanced workflow engines allow for the automation of business processes, such as a document approval, and users can electronically sign and approve documents from anywhere.
Advanced security and permission settings ensure that your information is secure and protected no matter what device the user is using.
There is plenty more feature available that can help your business implement an effective and secure agile workforce. Contact us now to schedule a demonstration to see how M-Files can help improve your business.
Interested in learning how M-Files can help you? Contact us to book a demonstration of M-Files, the pinnacle of Document Management Software and learn how it can elevate your business to the next level.
Looking for more info? Check out the following articles from our archives.
- What is Metadata and What it Means for your Business?
- Search your documents like you search the web – Enterprise Information Search
- The Folders Dilemma: Common Problems with Network File Shares and how to overcome them
- Why should you use M-Files over SharePoint Online for your Document Management needs?
- What is Business Process Automation? Is it an Automation your Workplace can do right now?